Updates from your connections
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed
indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have. By using the Site, you consent to the
1. We respect your privacy and take it very seriously. However, the purpose of this Site is to allow users to communicate with each other, about each
other. This Site is a user forum only, we are not a publisher and we do not control the postings made by other users about you.
2. Any content you submit, including any ratings or reviews, must be lawful and comply with the User Content standards. Any damage caused to any other
person by your content is your responsibility.
3. You must only submit content, and any details of any person, with their full permission. In particular, you must only review people that have agreed to
allow you to do so.
4. You must not use this Site to impersonate any other person.
5. We do not moderate or pre-screen content.
6. We reserve the right to remove any content at any time without liability or notice, for any reason.
7. If you see anything unlawful on the Site you must tell us without delay.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
· information (such as your name, gender, email address, date of birth, city, telephone number, education, employment details, and other personal
information you choose to reveal) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including when you register as a user of the Site and when you upload
profile, to the profile of any other user;
aggregated information collected from sliding bar and company reviews of you and/or your work carried out by your colleagues and others.
· information which other users may, from time to time, provide about you, for example when they rate, review or question you or upload or submit any User
Content to your profile, within the functionality that the Site permits;
· communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
· information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them, or if you choose to
enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor, from time to time;
· details of your visits to the Site, the pages you access and any data you download.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold information from the few required fields, we may not
be able to provide you with certain services.
User Content you upload or submit in relation to your own profile becomes publicly available when you upload or submit it, unless you change the Account privacy options for your profile through the Site . Your personal information such as email and phone number, if provided, are not
available to anyone regardless of your privacy settings, unless you have chosen to provide this information to employers for example. User Content you
upload or submit in relation to other users (e.g. when reviewing them) becomes publicly available on submission. You should exercise caution and not upload
or submit any information which you are not comfortable with sharing.
Managing your Account Privacy Options
When you first register your profile is set to Normal. This means that it can be viewed by all and can be found using the search features of the site. Your
profile may also be indexed by search engines like Google.
You can change the settings for your profile at any time through your Account Privacy Options. The options are:
Normal: Your profile is visible by all and can be found using the search features of the Site. Your profile may also be indexed by search engines like
Private: Your profile can be found by using the site search feature but it is not visible to external sources such as search engines like Google.
Recruitment and Hub Members Only: Your profile cannot be seen using the Site search feature and is not visible to external sources such as search engines
like Google. It is only visible to your reviewers, your Hub Members and employers.
Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
· enable us to provide the services, private messaging, information and personalised features offered through the Site, principally the publishing of your
online profile as authored by you, and the ability to rate, review and question others, and be rated, reviewed and questioned by others;
· audit the downloading of data from the Site;
· improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
· identify visitors to the Site;
· carry out research on our users' demographics;
· send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our services or those of carefully
selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
· allow carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services, provided you
have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our services or those of third parties or to share your details with third parties so that
they can send you information regarding their products and services, either at the point such information is collected on the Site (by checking or
un-checking (as directed) the relevant box) or by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect non-personal information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, the website from
which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised
by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to
collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
track information about you. Although they do identify a user's computer, cookies do not personally identify users. Cookies are specific to the server that
created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the internet.
· recognise you when you return to the Site; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have
enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
· customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
· collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from,
so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with visitors;
· allow you to navigate the Site more quickly and easily;
· store your preferences;
· control how often users see similar online advertisements;
· estimate our audience size and patterns; and
· improve and update the Site.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full
advantage of the Site if you do so. To find out more about cookies, including how to control and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. which includes additional useful information
on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may
not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking Gifs are small image
files within the content of the Site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the Site are visited and whether
particular content is of interest.]
The principal purpose of the Site is sharing information with others. The Site allows you to choose the information you provide and to edit it at any time.
However, you understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users
have copied or stored your User Content.
If you upload or submit any personal information concerning anyone other than you (including if you rate or review anyone), you must have obtained their
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other
reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer
through the Site, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support
services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to
that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to
protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place which aim to protect
against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced
as necessary. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you
submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site and, in particular, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you upload or submit to the
Site will not be viewed by unauthorised persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information (particularly
your log-on ID) if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is
disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
Payment details you provide will be encrypted [using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology] before they are submitted to us over the internet. Payments
made on the Site are made through our payment gateway provider, Paypal. You will be providing credit or debit card information directly to Paypal which
operates a secure server to process payment details, encrypting your credit/debit card information and authorising payment. Information which you supply to
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the
As part of our services, it may be necessary at a future point to transfer the information you provide us to countries outside the European Economic Area
(“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA or one of our service
providers is located in a country outside of the EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If we transfer your information
outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. Due to the Site being available
internationally, information submitted by you may be viewed by users outside of the UK, and outside of Europe.
15-19 Cavendish Place